About Verticy Reading Help
Verticy Learning is a complete or supplemental curriculum for students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia or who struggle with reading. It is designed to be used in the home and has both print and online versions.
Why Verticy Learning is an effective solution for your child's reading, writing and math challenges
Verticy Learning is based on a simple premise: children who learn differently should be taught differently. This includes children with dyslexia and other language-based learning disabilities.
There are four factors that make the Verticy Learning program uniquely suited to your child's learning style:
Specialized techniques and technology
Verticy Learning applies the knowledge and approaches of two prestigious educational institutions:
- The Jemicy School, where the faculty has successfully taught thousands of students with LLDs over the last 35 years
- Over 100 years of Calvert homeschool tradition
Our program is based on two foundations:
- Orton-Gillingham teaching methodologies, the gold standard in dyslexia instruction
- A combination of multisensory instructional strategies and interactive online resources to develop reading, writing, spelling, math and organizational skills
Put simply, Verticy teaches language and math concepts using vision, hearing and movement to provide multiple paths for knowledge to reach your child's brain.
Your child receives a comprehensive education using printed materials, computer-based support, physical activities and manipulatives (objects you moves, such as cards or letter tiles).
A variety of instructional voices
Your student benefits from receiving information from many sources:
- in the home by a parent or tutor
- through multimedia online content such as instructional videos
- via game-based math supplements
- by hearing literature selections that are "read" by an online tool
In addition, Verticy's Education Counselors reinforce the instruction and support the Learning Guide as needed with advice or assistance.
Meet students where they are academically
Because Verticy Learning's course configuration process custom tailors a curriculum for your child, learning builds on what your child already knows. Children avoid the frustration of being too far behind, or the boredom of being ahead.
Because of the one-on-one instruction, you and your child control the pace of learning. Together, you may decide to accelerate the pace in some areas and to focus more attention on subjects requiring additional review or remediation.